Garet - Bio
BA Visual Arts Empire State College
- Certificate Fine Arts Painting The Arts Student League of New York
2006 - New York State Council on The Arts, Electronic, Media, and Film Program.
- Grant Award through Lehman College Art Gallery.
2006 - The Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture - Taliesin West, Scottsdale, AZ
Releases of Aural Compositions
2006 - Intrinsic Motion (solo) NONVISUALOBJECTS - Vienna, Austria.
- 2005 - Terrirorium (compilation) NONVISUALOBJECTS - Vienna, Austria.
Releases of Collaborative Aural
- 2006 - Balancing Act with Controlled Dynamics / EA (collective) Wins Measure Recordings, N.Y.C., USA
- 2005 - 8 Sound Works / EA (Collective), Tune (Out)))side, 103point9, Brooklyn, N.Y., USA
2007 - Extract: Portraits of Sound Artists, NONVISUALOBJECTS - Vienna, Austria
- 06/07 Ballelatina Contemporary Art Fair, HACS Booth, Westquai 39, Drellándereck CH-4054 Basel
- 12/06 Happily Ever After, HACS - 3326 North Miami Ave. Miami, Florida 33127. Group Show
- 12/06 Photo Miami Art Fair, HACS Booth, Soho Building, 2136 NW 1st Avenue, Miami, Florida
- 09/06 New Media Festival, HACS - 3326 North Miami Ave. Miami, Florida 33127. Group Show
- 08/06 Pure Form, Solar, 44 Davids Lane, East Hampton, NY. Group Show
- 03/06 SELF, HACS - 3326 North Miami Ave. Miami, Florida 33127. Solo Show
- 03/06 The (S) Files, Museum's Biennial, Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico, San Juan. Group Show
- 12/05 Threads, Solar, 44 Davids Lane, East Hampton, NY. Group Show
- 08/05 Venezueland, Galeria Galou, Williamsburg-Brooklyn, NY. Group Show
- 08/05 The (S) Files, Museum's Biennial, El Museo del Barrio, NYC. Group Show
- 06/05 Nurturing the New '05, Nurture Art Gallery, hosted by Spike Gallery, NYC. Group Show
- 03/05 The Capture of the Temporal, Appalachian State University, NC. Group Show
- 11/04 Out of Bounds, Appalachian State University, NC. Group Show
- 07/04 2nd Juried Show Competition, Galou Gallery, Brooklyn, NY. Group Show
- 04/04 Transplantation. Adaptation. Globalization, Creative Arts Guild, Dalton, GA. Group Show
- 02/04 Emphasis, Gallery of The Venezuelan Consulate, NYC. Group Show
- 10/03 Latin Art Digital Diaspora, Estudio Soto, Boston, MA. Group Show
- 08/02 Gazpacho, HCC-Arts Gallery, Highland, NY. Group Show
- 12/01 Faces/Phases, Manhattan Borough President Office, NYC. Group Show
- 07/07/07 Tune out-side, Acra, NY. Performance
Richard Garet is a sound artist, a video artist, and a painter. He is interested in the phenomena found and produced in aural and visual time-based media, in nature's processes, and human beings' relationship with both artificial and natural environments. Garet explores the it-referential, communicational, and sensory characteristics of the various media he utilizes.
Additionally, he focuses on the investigation of aural and visual spatial-contexts, relational structures, process, materiality, and form. Even though Garet's work suits the standard gallery setting, many of his other activities as an artist explore the various practices of experimental sound and video performance. All of these modes are additional ways in which Garet's work exposes the audience to visual and physical acoustic sensory perception.